404: Not Found. Sorry – the page you requested doesn\’t exist, but this is PigPog\’s Finder page, which can help you to find what you\’re looking for here on PigPog, and also through various other search engines…
‘); $ppkw = “”; } } //Now we work out what to do with it… if ($ppkw == “”) : print(‘
You\’ve landed on our Finder page without clicking on a link in an article. You probably want to either return Home, and find what you\’re looking for from there, or use the search box below to find it.
” . $ppkw . ““); $ppkwurl = urlencode($ppkw); print(“Click on any of the links below to look up ” . $ppkw . ” there…”); //Now we’ll output the search things… print(“
- Search PigPog for ” . $ppkw . “ – see where else we have mentioned ” . $ppkw . “ \n”); //PigPog Tags… print(“
- Search PigPog for items tagged with ” . $ppkw . “ – just things we have manually tagged with ” . $ppkw . “ – will usually find less stuff, but more strongly related. \n”); //Chitika Shopping Search… print(“
- Search Chitika ShopLinc for ” . $ppkw . “ – searches for the best deals on ” . $ppkw . “ from lots of merchants. Good for products, not too useful for anything else 😉 \n”); //Google Search… print(“
- Search Google for ” . $ppkw . “ – good for general searching. \n”); //Wikipedia Search… print(“
- Search Wikipedia for ” . $ppkw . “ – usually gives excellent information where an encyclopedia might help. \n”); //Amazon.com Search… print(“
- Search Amazon.com for ” . $ppkw . “ – good for looking up products. \n”); //Amazon.co.uk Search… print(“
- Search Amazon.co.uk for ” . $ppkw . “ – same thing for us in the UK. \n”); //eBay US Search… print(“
- Search eBay in the US for ” . $ppkw . “. \n”); //eBay UK Search… print(“
- Search eBay in the UK for ” . $ppkw . “. \n”); //Technorati Search… print(“
- Search Technorati for ” . $ppkw . “ – find out what bloggers are saying about ” . $ppkw . “ right now \n”); //Technorati Tags… print(“
- Search Technorati Tags for ” . $ppkw . “ – find posts, photos and links tagged with ” . $ppkw . “ \n”); //del.icio.us Search… print(“
- Search del.icio.us for links tagged with ” . $ppkw . “ – can be a good way to find relevant links. \n”); //Flickr Search… print(“
- Search Flickr for photos of ” . $ppkw . “ – useful to see what one looks like. \n”); print(“
PigPog’s Keyword Lookup function is designed to make it easier to research terms we’ve mentioned (or anything else through the ‘find’ form at the top of the page). We link words here that we think people may want to find out more about, so you can look it up on various different research sites with one click.
A bit more about the sites we’ve chosen and why…
- PigPog – us, obviously, so you can use this page to search this site, and to find other mentions of the term.
- Google – I’m sure you already know Google – so you can search the web from here too. You can also use this search box here to search either PigPog or the web generally using Google. When searching the web, it’s a ‘PigPog Flavour’ search – it will tend towards finding things related to this site.
Are we missing anything we really should have? Let us know in the comments below.
Bear in mind that the comments are attached to the Finder page in general – not to the terms you looked up. Feedback in the comments about what search engines we should include, or how we could better lay out the list of them, would be useful. Comments about whatever you were looking up at the time will appear when people are searching for other things and won’t be relevant.