Latest Update: Added some brief notes on the Faber-Castell e-Motion, and the Caran d’Ache Fixpencil, and a link to an article I’ve spent a lot of time working on recently – The Cult Pens Guide to Mechanical Pencils.
- For more information about mechanical pencils than you can shake a stick at, go read The Cult Pens Guide to Mechanical Pencils. I know it’s good, because I wrote most of it, with lots of help and suggestions.
- See also: Pencil Hardness: What those letters and number mean – HB, 4B, 2H, etc.
Some of these link to full reviews of our own, and some link to reviews elsewhere (especially Dave’s Mechanical Pencils.) Others just have a few notes. We get to try lots of pens and pencils now, but don’t get chance to fully review them all. Most of the ones we’ve tried are via Cult Pens, Michael’s employer. Opinions here are entirely our own, etc.
There’s two main types of mechanical pencils – Leadholders and Automatic pencils…
Latest Update: Added a geekier alternative to the wine glass stem charms.
- Geeky Wine Glass Stem Charms from Evil Mad Scientist Labs. Made from old LEDs, resistors, etc. Nice. Geeks can have friends too. (Found via ReadyMade Blog.)
- Light-up Coasters – made from clear plastic, with LEDs inside, wired up so they glow when you put a drink on them. Handy if you party in the dark. (Via Gizmodo.)
- Napkin Folding 101 – Some useful links from Lifehacker – including designs to sit in wine glasses, stand up on a plate, and to hold the cutlery.
Moleskines and Cute – together at last.
Here is a little more instruction on reaching squeevana. Today I thought about things that shouldnâ€™t have happened, to me and to my special friend. It sucks when bad things happen and you canâ€™t do anything about it. You have to cry sometimes. And I did. When that happens to you, when you finish crying or worrying, or whatever bad thing, donâ€™t despair – just squee!!
Now go put on some music. I just finished listening to Emerald Eyes…oh my good god…what a fabulous song, and it’s all Jimmy. No singing, just my favorite thing in all the world, beautiful luscious Jimmy with no interruptions…guess where I am about to go??