Mostly photos from events we've been to recently.
- The Eden Project for the World Pasty Championships.
- Going further bag, we went to the Castle Hill Car Festival, and the Exmouth Classic Car Show - lots of cars, surprisingly - and I'm still processing photos from them.
- It was the Grand Western Canal's 200th Birthday Party
- We've had a couple of trips to Birmingham, with Charlie.
- The Mid Devon Show had lots of cars and other things.
- We live in Tiverton, in Devon, in the UK. It's close to Exeter, Crediton, Bickleigh (and Bickleigh Mill), and is handy for Exmoor and Dartmoor.
- Heading North, we soon reach coast, with some amazing scenery along through Minehead, Lynton and Lynmouth, Combe Martin and Ilfracombe, then further along to Barnstaple.
- To the South, there's more coastline, including the Jurassic Coast and what's often called the English Riviera, including Sidmouth, Exmouth, Dawlish and Dawlish Warren, Dartmouth, Teignmouth, Torquay, and Plymouth.
- Other places we visit occasionally include the Eden Project in Cornwall, Bristol and Birmingham.
- Wallpaper - I always use my own photos for my desktop wallpaper - here are the photos I use. I have a folder full of them, and my Macs pick a random photo every few minutes.
- I use onOne Perfect Photo Suite for most editing, along with Apple Aperture - see a selection of photos I've worked on with onOne Perfect Photo Suite, though mostly I only tag photos for the preset I've used. My own presets that I use a lot include RTamKick, GrainOffGrainOn, ClassicColourFlim, DartmoorDrama, HotSauce, AWarmMiddle, WarmStreets and Framed.
- Photo Projects - photographing Numbers.
- Sony NEX Digital Cameras - my first impressions review of the Sony NEX-6, and a few more thoughts on the second day, then more after two weeks of use. I also bought the Sony SEL55210 zoom - a compact 55-210mm zoom lens. I often shoot in black and white, but using a neat trick that lets me turn the images to colour later. Sam now has the NEX-5R so she can join in the fun with the old lenses.
- Legacy Lenses on Sony NEX Cameras - see how a Zeiss Tessar compares to an Asahi Takumar, more about the wonderful Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens, and read about how the features of Sony NEX cameras make using old lenses practical. You can also read about the first batch of lenses I bought. I later picked up a more extreme lens, a Canon FL 58mm f/1.2, though I rarely use it any more. Now, my Voigtlander Nokton Classic 40mm f/1.4 lives on the camera almost all the time. I usually also have two Leica lenses with me - an Elmar 90mm, and an Elmar 135mm. These are both great lenses as long as there's plenty of light around.
- Photography - Read about My Photo Workflow, then how it all changed a week later. Or see how I take macro photos with my iPhone, or how I took photos at night with my NEX-6.
- Pens and Mechanical Pencils - I'm a bit obsessed with pens. It actually comes in useful, since I work at a pen shop. Reviews: Lamy 2000, Pilot Capless and Decimo, Lamy Safari.
- Notebooks and Paper - PigPogPDA.
- GTD - You may be looking for The PigPog Method, though if you're new to GTD, you probably want to start with our Introduction, or a bit about Methods of Doing GTD. You may want to know GTD's Dirty Secrets, or find out how to Do GTD without Doing GTD. The geekier among you may even want to try Filesystem GTD, or even GTD with Emacs PlannerMode.
- Writing - Improve your Writing. Maybe by Keeping a Journal.
- Creativity - We found 60 Ways to Be More Creative. We counted. Twice.
- Weight Loss - We are both trying to get fit and lose weight. Michael had a lot of success with MyFitnessPal and Fitbit to track his activity and calories, and is now using Striiv to increase his activity. Sam's having surgery, and blogs regularly about her progress:
- Sam's Story - in which Sam decides surgery is really her best option.
- Pre-op Ramblings 1 - the journey begins.
- Pre-op Ramblings 2 - in which Sam reacquaints herself with exercise and cheesy disco music.
- Pre-op Ramblings 3 - in which exercise is going so well Sam decides to sign up for the Race For Life.
- Pre-op Ramblings 4 - waiting on a decision from the powers that be starts to get to Sam, so she takes out her frustration on a poor defenceless treadmill.
- Pre-op Ramblings 5 - it all happens at once when Sam receives the news she's been hoping for, and some she wasn't expecting.
- Pre-op Ramblings 6 - Sam discovers the joy of hitting things.
- Pre-op Ramblings 7 - trying a day on the pre-operative liver shrinking diet.
- Pre-op Ramblings 8 - Sam learns more about her upcoming operation. Then has another operation.
- Pre-op Ramblings 9 - Round robins, by-band studies and eggy faces. It's all here, folks.
- Pre-op Ramblings 10 - In which Sam ponders her future and puts together a wish list.
- Pre-op Ramblings 11 - In a moment of downtime.
- Pre-op Ramblings 12 - Sam finds out which operation she's been allocated, and is pleasantly surprised. Now all she has to do is wait.
- PigPog Museum - We started a Museum of Creativity, then lost interest a bit. There are a few interesting things in there, though, and we may start adding new stuff to it again soon.
There's also a list of all our Articles, newest first.
abstract art badge bird birmingham blackandwhite bokeh CanonFD70210 CanonFL58f12 car CastleHill CastleHillCarFestival ClassicColourFlim CrikeyItsVintage DartmoorDrama Devon EdenProject Exeter Exmouth ExmouthClassicCarShow food GrainOffGrainOn ground light LivingCoasts man MidDevonShow monochrome onOne pattern people person red reflection RTamKick selfie sky Tiverton Torquay unprocessed Voigtlander40f14 wall wallpaper woman wood
- PigPogPDA - A Moleskine Hacked into a Complete System
- Losing Weight with MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Pilot Capless and Capless Decimo Review (AKA Vanishing Point)
- Pilot Birdie Fountain Pen Review
- Staedtler Mars 780 Leadholder
- Parker 45 Fountain Pen Review
- Lamy Safari Review
- Portable Emacs-onna-Stick - USB Geekiness
- GTD - The PigPog Method