Digital Photography Review have reviewed the Olympus SP-310, and sounds kind of interesting…
- 7.1 megapixel
- 3x zoom (yeah, yeah, everyone’s got one)
- 2cm Macro (pretty close)
- RAW format recording (unusual at this price point)
- 510 shot battery life (impressive)
Unfortunately, there’s down sides too…
* Those stupid XD cards Olly and Fuji keep insisting on
* 10 seconds to actually write the RAW files makes them almost useless
I think unfortuately, the downsides are pretty bad – I really hold the XD card thing against them, and the RAW ability was one real selling point that’s been blown by the slowness. Still, it’s quite unusual at quite a low price, so it’s likely to make a few friends. Oh, and they seem to have made quite a nice compromise between size and handling judging by the looks – nice and big where you’d hold it, small everywhere else.
Anyway, DPReview give it their ‘Recommended’ award…
Liked this post? Leave a tip - $1, or send multiple if you like!