Latest Update: Moved a couple of step-by-step demos into a separate post – linked below.
- Jason Cheeseman-Meyer’s Perspective Tutorial – a walk-through drawing a boxing ring from the rafters, with a twist.
- Drawing People – another page on PigPog, with lots of tips and tutorials.
- Drawing folds in cloth from Jason Cheeseman-Meyer – starting with the basics of how cloth folds.
- Perspective – How to Draw It – the basics you need for drawing roads, buildings, etc.
Learning by Example
An excellent animation – from skeleton to clothed woman reclining – it’s a Flash file, but doesn’t take too long to open, even over a modem. Starts with a drawing of a skeleton, then slowly builds up the layers until it’s a drawing of a woman fully dressed. Contains a nude step, if that sort of thing bothers you.
Sharing the Experience
- As we’re learning to draw, we’re uploading our attempts to Flickr, and tagging them with learningtodraw – if you do the same, your pics will show up there too.
Words of Wisdom
- Think Less. Draw More. – by Danny Gregory – inspiring words on the why of drawing, with some useful hints on the how.