Latest Update: Added Beaded Tree. A bit late now for this year, but maybe next?
Happy merry jolly berry.
If you don’t do the whole religious thing, don’t worry, neither do we – just celebrate generic holidayness, or whatever you prefer.
- Beaded Christmas Tree: Simple, easy, and looks very cool. Found via Craftzine.
- Papercraft Santa from Paper Forest.
- Make decorations from photos, via Lifehacker.
- Wreaths: a Geek Wreath on Boing Boing, and Lifehacker found a Giant Wreath.
- Christmas Papercraft and Origami – a great list of links from the excellent PaperForest.
- Flying Spaghetti Monster in lights – if we did do the religious thing, this would probably be it. Noodly blessings to you all this festive season.
- Funky Paper Snowflake on wikiHow. Looks like more effort than the usual type, but seriously impressive results. Unfortunately, it would last for almost four seconds in the same house as our cat. (Via Lifehacker.)
- Another one from Lifehacker – homemade stocking. Colourful.
- Make: magazine have a video showing you how to make a paper turkey. It was done for thanksgiving, but we’re English, and we don’t do that. I’m not convinced it’s going to taste as good as the real thing, but it might be close.
- DIY Christmas Lighting Controller from Hacked Gadgets. Looks a bit complicated for me – I’ll just go for switching the light on and off a few times, I think.