Latest Update: Added a link to a nice photo journal project, and re-organised the page a little.
- Bookbinding Resources – a page of DIY tips, books and suppliers for all your bookbinding needs. Via Craftzine
- Photo Journal – making a journal with favourite photos as the covers. Via Craftzine.
- Matchbook Notebook – can be made using a simple staple, or eyelets and ribbon, or japanese binding – depends on how easy you want it to be. Via Craftzine.
- Love Letters Book – a cute book of envelopes for storing letters from a loved one. Via Craftzine.
- Indiana University Libraries have put together this wonderfully detailed step-by-step guide to making a real hardback book. It’s a lot more work than some of the quick-and-dirty alternatives, but the result is just amazing. (Via Notebooksim.)
- Binding Your Own Sketchbooks – Cat Morley, a blogger at ReadyMade Blog has a good step-by-step on how to make your own sketchbook, to help save a few pennies.
Innowen (Jaymi) at DIY Planner has written a good introduction to bookbinding…
- Emberlexi’s Dreambook – with covers made from polymer clay (Fimo, Efaplast, and such like). I did wonder if this would be a bit on the breakable side, but Sam found a chunk of Efaplast she’d played with long ago, and a few whacks with a 4D MagLite showed it to be pretty tough stuff.
- And to see more from Emberlexi, check out her handmade book flickr set.
- Sam’s Adventures in Bookbinding – Sam has been having a go at doing some bookbinding herself.
- Hand-made Journals Flickr Group – see pics of what other people are making, and share pics of journals you’ve made.
Liked this post? Leave a tip - $1, or send multiple if you like!