I thought it would be a fun idea to take pictures and blog about some of the meals I eat nowadays, as a reminder to myself when I’m short of ideas, to help other Slimming World members and to show off just how much you can have on this plan. So here is my first offering, tonight’s evening meal which was consisted of:
- 100g wholemeal pasta – today’s an Original (or Red) day, so I’ve had to weigh out a portion of pasta as a Healthy Extra. Had I been on Green, I could have had a bowl full, like Michael did.
- Bacon – free on Original. On Green it would have had to be weighed and counted as a Healthy Extra or Syns.
- Red Pepper – free on both.
- Mushrooms – free on both.
- Onions – free on both.
- Cherry Tomatoes – free on both.
- Tinned chopped tomatoes – free on both.
- And the dish was seasoned with white pepper, Tabasco sauce and oregano – all free on both days.
The dish was pretty easy to cook, I put the veggies in the wok and stir-fried them in a little Fry Light (a Slimming World essential item), added the chopped tomatoes and left it all to simmer as I cooked the pasta. I weighed out my portion after cooking, which left Michael with a huge mound of pasta to eat. He didn’t complain. It seemed like a fairly minuscule amount of pasta, 100g cooked weight doesn’t amount to much at all, but mixed in with everything else it was enough for me to think I ate too moishe by the time I was done.