I’m Michael. You can find the latest photos I’ve posted on the home page. I occasionally write blog posts, but not often. PigPog is my photography now, but it’s been around a long time, so there’s quite a variety of content on here. If you’re not just looking for pretty photos, hopefully you’ll find what you wanted on here…
Photo Albums – stories of events:
- Big Sets
- Festival of Light and Sound at Eden Project, 2016 – a huge laser show by artist Chris Levine.
- Turner Locker Barnfield Revival 2016 – a car show in a car park in Exeter.
- Walker Stalker Con 2016 – A con based around The Walking Dead and other shows, in the Olympia, London.
- Devon County Show 2015
- Exeter Quayside, 2016-06-05
- Smaller Sets
- We live in Tiverton, in Devon, in the UK. It’s close to Exeter, Crediton, Bickleigh (and Bickleigh Mill), and is handy for Exmoor and Dartmoor.
- Heading North, we soon reach coast, with some amazing scenery along through Minehead, Lynton and Lynmouth, Combe Martin and Ilfracombe, then further along to Barnstaple.
- To the South, there’s more coastline, including the Jurassic Coast and what’s often called the English Riviera, including Sidmouth, Exmouth, Dawlish and Dawlish Warren, Dartmouth, Teignmouth, Torquay, and Plymouth.
- Other places we visit occasionally include the Eden Project in Cornwall, Bristol and Birmingham.
- Wallpaper – I always use my own photos for my desktop wallpaper – here are the photos I use (A bit out of date now). I have a folder full of them, and my Macs pick a random photo every few minutes.
- I currently use Apple’s Photos app for storing and organising, and some basic edits, with Affinity Photo doing most of the heavier editing.
- I used to use onOne Perfect Photo Suite a lot, along with Apple Aperture – see a selection of photos I’ve worked on with onOne Perfect Photo Suite, though mostly I only tag photos for the preset I’ve used. My own presets that I used a lot include RTamKick, GrainOffGrainOn, ClassicColourFlim, DartmoorDrama, HotSauce, AWarmMiddle, WarmStreets and Framed.
- Photo Projects – photographing Numbers.
- Sony NEX Digital Cameras – my first impressions review of the Sony NEX-6, and a few more thoughts on the second day, then more after two weeks of use. I also bought the Sony SEL55210 zoom – a compact 55-210mm zoom lens. I often shoot in black and white, but using a neat trick that lets me turn the images to colour later. Sam now has the NEX-5R so she can join in the fun with the old lenses.
- Legacy Lenses on Sony NEX Cameras – see how a Zeiss Tessar compares to an Asahi Takumar, more about the wonderful Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens, and read about how the features of Sony NEX cameras make using old lenses practical. You can also read about the first batch of lenses I bought. I later picked up a more extreme lens, a Canon FL 58mm f/1.2, though I rarely use it any more. Now, my Voigtlander Nokton Classic 40mm f/1.4 lives on the camera almost all the time. I usually also have two Leica lenses with me – an Elmar 90mm, and an Elmar 135mm. These are both great lenses as long as there’s plenty of light around.
- Photography – Read about My Photo Workflow, then how it all changed a week later. Or see how I take macro photos with my iPhone, or how I took photos at night with my NEX-6.
Creativity and Productivity
- Pens and Mechanical Pencils – I’m a bit obsessed with pens. It actually comes in useful, since I work at a pen shop. Reviews: Lamy 2000, Pilot Capless and Decimo, Lamy Safari.
- Notebooks and Paper – PigPogPDA.
- GTD – You may be looking for The PigPog Method, though if you’re new to GTD, you probably want to start with our Introduction, or a bit about Methods of Doing GTD. You may want to know GTD’s Dirty Secrets, or find out how to Do GTD without Doing GTD. The geekier among you may even want to try Filesystem GTD, or even GTD with Emacs PlannerMode.
- Writing – Improve your Writing. Maybe by Keeping a Journal.
- Creativity – We found 60 Ways to Be More Creative. We counted. Twice.