Tag WordPress

A Few Changes Around Here

A new theme for PigPog, and some changes to how I'll be posting in the future - bigger posts, less often.

A Bunch of Small Changes

I started tonight by scheduling a few photos to post over the next week and a half, then remembered something I wanted to look into with WordPress. I enabled the ‘likes’ feature, since it seems to be getting some use…

WordPress Images Linking to Posts

I wanted thumbnails in the ephemera sidebar, to link to the posts. This post helped a lot with getting the thumbnail-sized image. Plenty of other sources could give me the URL for the big image, or the thumbnail for the…

WordPress for iOS

WordPress for iOS has been updated, and now supports post types. Just trying it out. If it works, this should be just a sidebar post on the mail page.

Back to a Standard Theme

Recently, PigPog has been using a completely custom-written theme. It wasn’t too much work to write the basics, but I had lots of plans for updating it to include special handling of different post formats, and other things, so it…

Front Page Image

One of the things we wanted with the current redesign was to have a simpler homepage – less busy, without the mass of posts and links. We also wanted to get a decent sized photo up there as soon as…

Redesigning for Performance

PigPog hasn’t performed well for a long time. Pages have been taking a long time to generate, and a long time to download and display. I’ve designed a new theme today, keeping it very simple. The result is that pages…

Little Fixes

I’ve fixed a few little things here today. Paging through archives wasn’t working, so I’ve fixed that. I’ve also added dates and authors to these little oinks when they’re in the sidebar. It didn’t make much sense that you’d have…

Working Tabs

I had a bit of time at home today, while Sam was out at work, so I continued poking our custom theme. I managed to get the tabs working on the right, so there are five ‘pages’ of content always…

Some Fixes

I’ve got the comments displaying again here. That turned out to be the ‘Comment Mover’ plugin – I’ve disabled it for now. I seem to have got jQuery working, and got some javaScript being called when the tabs in the…