PigPog – So creative it’s scary. Bwahhahhaaa….! Er. Yes. Here’s a selection of deliciously spooky ideas for Halloween…
LATEST UPDATE – You know what’s scary? That we’re just a few weeks away from Halloween again. Didn’t we just have summer? Oh well, off we go again with more spooky treats for the darkly inclined. Our first addition for 2007, a selection of spooky origami, comes from the lovely folks at Craftzine.
If you want to know more about Halloween itself, MakeZine have put together a few resources.
Pimp My Pumpkin
- Mechanised Dalek-O-Lantern – Pumpkin daleks I can handle, but if anyone does pumpkin cybermen I will have to hide behind the sofa.
- Rock Star Beer Can Pumpkin Substitute – over on our Recycled Glass Bottles and Drinks Cans page is a lantern suitable for any rock n’ roll themed Halloween party. This Slash-o-Lantern will be shining brightly at GuitarPr0n HQ‘s Halloween bash.
- Pumpkin Preservation – Experiments on how best to keep your jack-o-lantern Halloween Fresh…
- The Ultimate Geek Jack-O-Lantern – Alan Turing, immortalised in squash. And about time too.
Halloween Craft Projects
- Origami Halloween – By day it was an innocent piece of paper, but by night it was transformed into a vampire! Or a bat! Or a witch! Take your pick… via Craftzine
- Make your own costume – a collection of ideas via Lifehacker.
- Halloween Projects – one from the crypt featuring some frighteningly good ideas.
- AT-AT Costume – for those who wish for the force to be with them this Halloween.
- Pumpkin Carving – it wouldn’t be Halloween without one.
- Monster Wreath – monstrously good.
- Ray Villafane’s Carved Pumpkins – carving gruesome features into the outer core of pumpkins. Very cool.
- Pumpkin Carving for Grown-Ups – links for those who might have been inspired by Ray’s example.
- Halloween Melon Carving – for those faced with the terror of a lack of pumpkins, here’s a creepy alternative using a melon. Equally round. Equally scary.
For Your Parties
- Dirt Cups – serve cups of soil and worms to your guests.
- Halloween Recipes from Lifehacker.
- Gruesome Food for Halloween – walking the fine line between “ooh!” and “Ewwww!”.
- Costume Ideas – because putting a sheet over your head and going “woooooo!” just doesn’t cut it anymore.
More will be added as the witching hour draws nearer… but now I must away as this